Friday, August 8, 2008

Flick: 'The Blair Witch Project'

For me, it was a mixed bag.

I thought the film worked as a "real life" thing, I honestly felt what happened in the movie was happening to the actors. However, the flick just didn't grab me. On one hand, the characters were pretty much too annoying to care about. Another is where it feels as if you're always waiting for something else to happen. In good and great films, interesting things happen, you don't need to wait. Too many dead (no pun intended) spots for me.

The film definitely worked as far as building suspense, and it had a feel of creepiness that's hard to describe to others. A love it or hate it movie? Can't say, but it's not a movie I would recommend to friends.

I would recommend seeing it for it's impact on popular culture. Think about how many spoofs have been done of this flick.

No comments: